GeForce Experience not working properly? No need to panic as you’re not the only one. There have been reports from several Nvidia users claiming that their GeForce Experience won’t open, and for most users, this started happening after they upgraded to Windows 10.
According to the reports, the icon shows up the tray but doesn’t open up in any window when clicked. You get this error saying, “Something went wrong. Try restarting GeForce Experience.”
How to Fix GeForce Experience Not Working in Windows 10
There are a few major reasons that might be causing problem with your GeForce Experience. We have addressed each of the possible reason and offered methods to fix them.
Try these solutions:
- Reinstall GeForce Experience on your system
- Re-enable the GeForce Experience Service
- Reinstall your Nvidia Graphics Card Driver
- Disable your Antivirus Software
When you can’t open Nvidia GeForce Experience on your Windows 10 computer, the first thing you should do is to reinstall it. Here’s how to do that:
1. Hold Windows key and press R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type appwiz.cpl in the input field and press Enter. This opens Programs window.
3. Look for GeForce Experience from the list of installed applications and double-click on it.
4. Confirm to uninstall the program, and follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Once done, visit the official Nvidia website and download the latest version of GeForce Experience.
6. Install the downloaded .exe file on your computer.
7. After the installation is complete, try to run the GeForce Experience to see if it opens successfully.
If it does, great, but if the problem still persists, then move onto next solution.
You can restart the GeForce Experience by following these steps:
1. Hold the Windows key and press R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type services.msc in the input field and press Enter. This opens the Services window.
3. In the Services window, scroll down to find NVIDIA GeForce Experience Service. Double-click the option and set the Startup type to Automatic.
4. Next click Restart on its left side under Application Information. If you can’t see the Restart icon, then click Start.
5. Once done, open GeForce Experience to confirm it opens up this time.
Another reason why your GeForce Experience may not be opening is because of a corrupted or outdated Nvidia graphics card driver. In this case, you can fix the issue by reinstalling the driver and then launching the application again.
1. Hold Windows logo key + X together to open the Start Menu.
2. Select Device Manager.
3. Locate Display Adapters and expand it.
4. Right-click on your graphics card entry and select Uninstall. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall process.
5. Go to the official Nvidia Driver website and search for the compatible GeForce driver.
6. Download the latest version of the driver from the search results, then install it.
7. After the installation is complete, restart your PC and try opening GeForce Experience to see if it works as intended.
Some of the antivirus programs have been known to interfere with the operations of GeForce Experience which results in poor user experience. You can temporarily disable antivirus for Real-time protection, then reboot your system and open GeForce Experience. Hopefully, it will work properly.
Which one of the above methods worked for you? Feel free to share your own experiences in the comments below.
You May Also Like: