If you’re a hardcore gamer, you might spend a lot of time in front of PC and thus investing in a good quality gaming chair is imperative. The good news is that, there are desk chairs designed especially for gamers so that long gaming sessions could be comfortable and easy. Sitting in a comfortable position will not only be beneficial for the health of your spine, but also enhance your gameplay.
However, gaming chairs can be expensive and we know that since you’ve already spent a lot on other gaming essentials, you’re on a budget. If you’re having a hard time choosing a good gaming chair under $200, you’re in the right place. In this guide we have included all the information you need to choose the very best gaming chair under 200 dollars.
Our Top Picks For The Best Gaming Chair Under $200
- GTRACING Gaming Office Chair
- Devoko Ergonomic Gaming Chair
- Respawn 200 Racing Style Gaming Chair
- Essentials Racing Style Leather Gaming Chair
- Respawn 110 Racing Style Gaming Chair
- Killabee Large Gaming Chair
- E-Win Gaming Office Chair
- Ficmax Ergonomic Gaming Chair
- X Rocker Pro Series 2.1 Vibrating Chair
- Merax High Back Computer Ergonomic Chair
1. GTRACING Gaming Office Chair Best Overall
- Material: 2.0 PU leather
- Swivel: Yes, 360 degree
- Recline: Yes, 170 degree
- Capacity: 300 lbs.
- Adjustable seat height: Yes
GTRACING gaming office chair is a high quality chair available at an affordable cost. GTRACING is a popular manufacturer and is known for its premium quality and high-tech gaming chairs. This gaming chair has an ergonomic design and is made up of premium grade materials.
The chair has an ergonomic design and is equipped with a backrest that features various resting angles. The chair is available in a wide variety of colors that you can choose according to your gaming room décor. The chair is padded all over; it has lumbar pillows, cushions, and a thick padded high back. The whole chair is padded except the armrests.
The GTRACING gaming chair is very stable and durable as it features a metal form factor. The base is a heavy duty 5 point one and is equipped with smooth rolling casters. Synthetic leather is used along with premium grade, smooth bonded leather along with high-density foam.
The chair has a design that fits all body sizes and shapes. You can adjust the seat height with the touch of a button and adjust the armrest according to your comfort level too. The chair can also rock back and forth and allows you to lean from 90 to 170 degrees.
- It features lumbar cushion and removable headrest.
- It is equipped with 360 degrees swiveling function that allows you to rotate freely.
- It can recline up to 90 to 170 degrees.
- It features a racing car design that goes well with the theme of gaming.
- The back and seat are thick padded.
- The chair can rock back and forth smoothly.
- The armrests are not padded.
- There is a lack of footrest.
- Assembling is difficult.
2. Devoko Ergonomic Gaming Chair Editor’s Choice
- Material: PU leather
- Frame: Steel
- Wheels: 5
- Armrests: Yes
- Swivel: Yes
- Capacity: 300 lbs.
The Devoko Ergonomic gaming chair is a premium one and it looks like the seat of an expensive sedan. It has a large size and is perfect for gamers of all sizes. The stitching is durable and there are curved sides which make the chair very attractive and comfortable.
The chair is equipped with lots of ergonomic features such as 360 degrees full swivel which allows you to rotate freely, and the five star rolling casters which roll smoothly on the surface. The chair is made up of PU leather which contributes to the comfort and sturdiness.
Height adjustment is done through a pneumatic gas lever that is present on the side. The chair is also equipped with a neck and back support and lumbar support cushion. There are easy instructions provided by the manufacturer which makes assembly very easy.
- It provides comfortable gaming for many hours.
- It uses genuine PU leather.
- The chair is equipped with many ergonomic features.
- It is easy to assemble.
- It is sturdy and durable.
- The armrests are not adjustable.
- If you are below 300 lbs, you’ll feel too small in the chair.
3. Respawn 200 Racing Style Gaming Chair Best Value
- Material: PU leather seat/ mesh back
- Recline: 90 to 130 degrees
- Casters: PU coated (safe for wooden floors)
- Frame and wheelbase: Steel
- Armrests: 2D armrests, height and depth adjustable
- Support: Integrated lumbar support and neck pillow
- Capacity: 275 lbs.
The Respawn 200 Racing Style Gaming Chair is affordable and is equipped with lots of customization option. You can easily adjust the armrests, height, recline angle, and lumbar support. It has a steel tube frame that supports weight up to 275 lbs.
The gaming chair features integrated lumbar support, neck support pillow, 5-point base wheels, 2D armrests, and 360-degree swivel. You can easily adjust the height of the chair, rotate it, and also tilt it backwards.
The armrests are adjustable in two dimensions only but the height and depth adjustments are enough for almost all types of gamers. The seat cushion is breathable and the lumbar support is very comfortable as it is equipped with a memory foam back pillow. The reclining control is good as it gives you full control over the angle lock.
- It is available at an affordable price.
- The assembly process is simple and speedy.
- It is very comfortable and has a breathable mesh back.
- The chair is plushly padded in high resiliency foam.
- The lower back support is excellent and it negates slouching.
- The recline is capped at 130 degrees.
- The armrests are not very comfortable.
4. Essentials Racing Style Leather Gaming Chair Best Breathable gaming chair
- Material: Premium leather (SofThread)
- Tilt and Swivel: Yes
- High-back ergonomic design: Yes
- Capacity: 275 lbs.
- Height adjustability: Yes
The Essentials Racing Style Leather gaming chair is a swivel chair equipped with a set of wheels that allow smooth rolling around the surface. The chair has contoured segmented padding, padded arms, and integrated padded headrest that provides support and comfort for many hours.
The chair is designed especially for gamers who play continuously for many hours. The name ‘Racing Style’ is given because it mimics the seat of a racing car and gives you a feel like you’re driving a sports car. There are additional cushion paddings that are very handy especially to prevent back aches.
The Essentials racing style leather chair features seat back recline control and height adjustment, there are flip up arms too along with 360 degrees of swivel. The chair is overall very sturdy and the superb cushioning allows you to play your favorite games for hours without any complaints.
- The chair is very comfortable and durable.
- The casters are rated to roll smoothly over 40 miles.
- The material is breathable and keeps the user cool.
- The padding is contoured and segmented and it conforms to the body shape.
- The cushion gets compressed after long usage.
5. Respawn 110 Racing Style Gaming Chair Best Gaming Chair with Footrest
- Material: Bonded leather
- Frame: Steel
- Recline: 90 to 130 degrees
- Capacity: 275 lbs.
The Respawn 110 Racing Style Gaming chair is a bit expensive, but it provides supreme comfort to those who are used to gaming for hours. It is equipped with a footrest that is extendable and you can slide it out whenever you need to put your feet and relax on it.
The Respawn 110 gaming chair feature wide shoulders as compared to other gaming chairs and the backrest is tall too. The headrest pillow is removable and you can adjust according to your comfort level. The chair is also available with a lumbar pillow which gives good lumbar support.
It has a sleek and stylish design and can support the weight capacity of up to 275 lbs. You can recline the chair to your suitable position and also adjust the seating position and backrest. The company provides good customer service and can help you resolve your issues regarding the chair quickly.
- It has a retractable footrest.
- The armrests have lots of adjustment options.
- The armrests are padded.
- The leather is soft and is of premium quality.
- It is easy to setup.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- It can recline up to 130 degrees.
- The footrest is a bit cheap.
6. Killabee Large Gaming Chair Best for Big and Tall Guys
- Materials: PU leather
- Capacity: 350 lbs.
- Frame: Metal
- Swivel: 360 degrees
- Adjustable headrest: Yes
- Castors: Yes
The Killbee Large Gaming Chair is a durable and comfortable leather chair designed especially for tall and large gamers. The gaming chair is packed with features that can make your gaming experience a comfortable and pleasing one. The chair is very affordable and delivers good value for money.
The gaming chair features an electric lumbar support that helps in massaging your back and also assists the retractable footrest. The retractable footrest is though not very sturdy, but is good enough for you to keep your legs at rest and avoid pressure at hips and knees.
The chair offers various color options to choose from. The reclining feature offers recline of up to 155 degrees only and though it is not much, it’s enough for most of the gamers out there. The chair is padded with memory foam beneath the polyurethane material. Overall, the chair offers a lot of features which other gaming chairs don’t offer at this price.
- The armrests are versatile.
- It is perfect for taller and larger people.
- It has a retractable foot rest.
- It has a massage lumbar support.
- It has a stylish and sporty look.
- Recline is limited, that is, up to 155 degrees only.
- Weight capacity could be more.
7. E-Win Gaming Office Chair Best High-Capacity gaming chair
- Material: High density separated foaming
- Frame: Metal
- Tilt lock: Yes
- Gas lift class: 4
- Seat back style: High
- Adjustable back angle: 85 to 155 degrees
- Caster size: 2 inches
- Capacity: 400 lbs.
E-Win gaming office chair is a good deal for those gamers who are tall and they feel uncomfortable in small gaming chairs. The gaming chair is made up of steel which is padded all around with high density memory foam. The whole chair is covered with polyurethane faux leather which is commonly used for chairs.
The chair includes a small pillow for head and there is a larger pillow that provides lumbar support. You can adjust these pillows according to your comfort level and can remove them too if you want. The chair also features height and tilt controls. You can easily tilt the chair to 155 degrees which can take you into a good relaxing position.
The E-Win gaming chair features 4D adjustable armrests. You can adjust their height, rotate them or keep them at an angle, and also move them closer or apart. The armrests are highly customizable as they allow you to achieve the perfect position that suits your gaming style.
- It has a wide seat to fit large gamers.
- The back is tall and thus provides good neck and back support.
- It is available in a variety of colors.
- It features good lumbar support.
- Assembly is very easy.
- It is easily adjustable.
- The seat is not very comfortable.
- Armrests are a bit flimsy.
8. Ficmax Ergonomic Gaming Chair Best Massaging game chair
- Material: PU leather and high-density foam
- Frame: Metal
- Recline degree: 90 to 180 degrees
- Capacity: 300 lbs.
Ficmax ergonomic gaming chair is a high quality one and is available at a competitive market price. It has a long and wide chair back along with a large size seat and removable lumbar cushion and headrest pillow. The chair also features electric massage that can give you a relaxing massage when you’re too exhausted after long hours of gaming.
The chair has an ergonomic design which makes sure that the gamer is in a comfortable position throughout the day. It features a telescopic footrest which keeps your feet elevated and thus makes sure that there is no knee or hip pain. The vibration feature of this chair is equipped with two settings so that you choose a vibration setting according to your will.
- The cushion is extra thick and provides comfort for long gaming session.
- The after-sales support is satisfactory.
- The lumbar support provides massaging; there are two vibration settings for the lower back.
- It features a vibratory massage function.
- It offers recline from 90 to 180 degrees along with tilt lock.
- The reclining angle gets stuck sometimes.
- Wheels are a bit noisy.
9. X Rocker Pro Series 2.1 Vibrating Chair Best Wireless gaming chair
- Material: Faux leather and mesh upholstery
- Weight: 54 lbs.
- Inputs/Outputs: RCA, AUX
- Tilt and swivel: Yes
- Headrest: Yes
- Frame: Vinyl
- Capacity: 300 lbs.
If you’re looking for a classy gaming chair, the X Rocker Pro Series 2.1 will not disappoint you. The chair features built-in speakers on top of the chair and subwoofers that are equipped with AFM technology that give you a thumping bass feeling.
So if you’re playing your favorite game on your PC, the audio system can greatly enhance the gaming experience. It has a built-in Bluetooth technology too that allows you to sync to your phone for gaming and other purposes. The X rocker gamer’s chair is designed for long hours of usage that can keep your back at a comfortable position and prevent slouching.
- It features a good range of tilt and swivel.
- It has an ergonomic design and can also connect multiple chairs to the same source.
- It features mind-blowing 2.1 AFM sound that gives a good gaming experience.
- It is equipped with wireless Bluetooth technology.
- It is compatible with various consoles including the Xbox.
- Leaning back is limited.
10. Merax High Back Computer Ergonomic Chair Best Cheap Racing Style chair
- Material: PU leather
- Type: High back
- Recline: 90 to 180 degrees
- Capacity: 250 lbs.
- Headrest and lumbar support: Yes
- Swivel: Yes
If you’re looking for a gaming chair that suits your racing style, this chair is a good choice as it is available in three different colors to choose. The gaming chair features a high-back seat which gives good support to the shoulders, neck and upper back. The chair features PU leather upholstery which is resistant to liquids and is better than other types of leather.
Some important features include 180 degrees reclining, lumbar support, and headrest pillows. The lumbar support pillow doesn’t slide up and down, instead it can be adjusted using straps. Overall, the chair is a good choice for you if you love racing style chairs and want recline of up to 180 degrees.
- The chair features a good recline.
- It has a unique and comfortable design.
- It features 360 degrees swivel rotation.
- The armrests are thickly padded.
- The backrests are large.
- The lumbar support pillow is a bit stiff.
How To Choose The Best Budget Gaming Chair?
Investing in a gaming chair is a very good move, but first it is important to determine the features that you need in your gaming chair. The gaming chairs not only look cool but are also equipped with some mind-blowing features that can incredibly increase your comfort. To choose the best one that meets your requirements, consider the following factors:
Weight and dimensions
The weight and dimension of the chair plays an important role in selection as it will determine whether the chair will be comfortable for you or not. The size of the chair is important especially if you’re tall or heavy. The length and width of the armrests, the size of the back and seat areas, all play an important role in determining whether your shoulders and back will be comfortable during gaming or not. A good tip is to measure your body size using a measuring tape and compare it to the size of the chair.
Most of the gaming chairs under 200 are made up of steel frames which are quite durable and can easily support your weight. Another important material that a gaming chair comprises of is the upholstery. The upholstery is mostly made up of artificial or synthetic leather which is quite durable and comfortable too. Leather is, however, much warmer and it can get hot during summers. Another option is vinyl upholstery which is not as durable as leather is, but is more breathable.
The headrest and backrest cushions also play an important role for the overall comfort. These cushions must be of good quality and should be located at the right position so as to provide comfort to your back and neck while you play games for hours.
Wheels and rotation angle
If you want your chair to be portable, consider having a wheeled chair. Gaming chairs are also equipped with wheels and they allow you to move easily around the room from one workstation to the other. Wheels are also helpful for storing purposes; you can easily slide the chair into a closet or a compartment to create space when you’re done gaming.
Types of gaming chairs
The good news is that, the budget gaming chairs aren’t only available in the traditional form factor, but they are available in a wide variety. Following are some of the best gaming chair types available:
Memory foam gaming chair:
If you are fond of extreme comfort and like the look of a bean bag, the memory foam gaming chair is a perfect option. It is a large comfy chair and is suitable for you no matter what size you are. The memory foam gaming chair adjusts its shape according to your size and contours the shape of the person sitting on it. The chair is good for back, neck, and lumbar support but it doesn’t feature any armrests, headrests, or any type of electronic add-ons.
Pedestal game chair:
The pedestal gaming chair is padded and is close to the ground. It is equipped with a headrest and armrests and rotates and rocks around a raised pedestal. This chair is very relaxing, especially for the upper body as the armrests prevents the tension that adds to the upper back and neck.
Rocker game chair:
The rocker gaming chairs are closer to the floor as compared to the traditional chairs. These chairs are equipped with headrests, a scooped L-shape, padded backs, and chair arms. There are advanced rocker game chairs that are equipped with padded vibration, wireless receivers, speakers and subwoofers, and RCA inputs. However, one must make sure that this chair doesn’t allow you to place your feet flat on the floor, and this can result in stiff knees and hips if you play for long time.
PC gaming chair:
A PC gaming chair is designed especially for PC users. It is well-raised off the floor because PCs are set up at a higher place such as a desk or table. These chairs are equipped with headrests and armrests that provide maximum support during long gaming sessions. These chairs are also equipped with a swivel feature and have a bucket style that enhances the comfort level of the gamer. These chairs allow you to place your feet flat on the floor which prevents tension on knees and hips.
FAQs on Gaming Chairs
Yes, gaming chairs can have a positive impact on gaming performance. If you play for many hours, a good quality gaming chair will keep you comfortable throughout the game and reduce fatigue. This will allow you to focus more on the game and improve your performance. Apart from that, features such as immersive sound and speaker systems of gaming chairs also help in this regard.
If we talk about traditional chairs, we can say that they cannot accommodate to different sized people. However, gaming chairs are a bit different as they have many adjustability options. You can adjust the seat height, armrests, and other things to make sure that it fits your size.
Since teenagers are still growing, it is better to buy a larger gaming chair than their actual size. It is always better to measure the size of the user and compare it to the chair before making an investment. Don’t go for a smaller chair for a teenager as he/she can outgrow it in some time.
The bad smell that results after a few weeks of purchase is due to the manufacturing process of the chair. If you are too much irritated with such smells, look for chairs that have lesser components made up of plastic or cheap faux leather upholstery.
A PC gaming chair is better as compared to other gaming chairs in terms of ergonomic design and budget, both. All the PC gaming chairs reviewed in this post are budget chairs and deliver excellent value for money. The gaming chairs are equipped with handy features such as adjustable armrests, seat height, tall back, and neck and lumbar support to provide extreme comfort.
If you’re on a tight budget, make sure that you spend wisely keeping in mind your comfort and health. If you spend hours in gaming sessions, then you must try one of our best gaming chair under $200. The GTRACING gaming chair and Devoko Ergonomic chair are our best picks because they are highly adjustable and have very comfortable headrests and lumbar pads.