Gamers need to boost their gaming performance and for that they need to have the best PC gaming setup. Mechanical keyboards offer a great way to enhance your productivity and gameplay. This is because it is only a matter of milliseconds that can decide who leads the chart as the best gamer. A responsive and tactile mechanical keyboard is thus important for a hardcore gamer.
Mechanical keyboards are easily available on the market but white ones are difficult to find. This is why we have created a comprehensive list of the best white mechanical keyboards to buy in 2020. So, whether you’re looking to smash your opponents in Fortnite or Counter-Strike, or want to have a keyboard that matches the color theme of your rig, this post will help you get along smoothly.
- Best White Mechanical Keyboard Reviews
- 1. Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Best Overall
- 2. Eagletec KG011 Mechanical Keyboard Runner-Up, Best Overall
- 3. Razer Huntsman Best Gaming Keyboard
- 4. Roccat Vulcan 122 AIMO Best Looker
- 5. Magicforce 68 Mechanical Keyboard Budget Pick
- 6. Razer BlackWidow Lite Best Quiet Mechanical Keyboard
- 7. Anne Pro 2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Best Wireless Keyboard
- 8. Durgod Taurus K320 TKL Best for Typing / Coding
- Buying Guide for the Best White Mechanical Keyboards
- Bottom Line
Best White Mechanical Keyboard Reviews
Here are some of the top-rated white mechanical keyboards that you cannot miss out on. Check the specs and features of each model and buy one for yourself today.
1. Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Best Overall
The Corsair K70 keyboard is quite innovative and is equipped with excellent features for gamers. The keyboard has a sleek design and it features authentic Cherry MX switches along with beautiful backlights. The keyboard is an expensive one but is an excellent and long-lasting investment.
Corsair K70 is a full sized keyboard with an aluminum chassis that looks and feels sturdy and classy. Apart from the discrete media controls such as the volume wheel, there is a USB pass-through too and a few buttons that control brightness, game mode button locks, and profiles.
The best thing about this keyboard is that you can choose either red, brown, or blue switches. The keyboard also features detachable soft touch wrist-rest for extreme comfort. The keycaps are PBT double shot ones which are very durable. The keyboard features 100% anti-ghosting and full-key rollover.
- Material: ABS plastic case, silver anodized aluminum frame
- Switch: Cherry MX Speed Silver RGB switch
- Interface: USB
- Wrist-rest: Yes
- Anti-ghosting: Full N-key rollover
- Media keys: Dedicated
- It has a beautiful design.
- It is equipped with high quality components.
- There are extensive switch options.
- It features per key RGB lighting.
- The utility software is quite versatile.
- It is expensive.
- There are minimal updates.
2. Eagletec KG011 Mechanical Keyboard Runner-Up, Best Overall
The Eagletec KG011 is a perfect choice for those who are looking for a full-sized keyboard. The keyboard has an ergonomic design and is equipped with 104 illuminated lights. This is a sturdy and durable keyboard and is ideal for long term use.
The keyboard has a slip-resistant design and thus you are not likely to face any malfunctions or damage due to slipping. The switches are plate mounted, have an audible click sound, medium resistance, and feature a tactile bump feedback and precise actuation.
The keyboard has a sleek and stylish design and features 12 multimedia buttons. The keys are customizable and provide durability and longevity to the overall system. The console features numeric keys too as it is a full sized keyboard. The RGB lighting is good and has five different modes and brightness levels to choose from.
- Material: aircraft-grade silver aluminum
- Switches: Cherry MX blue
- Backlit: Yes
- Interface: USB
- Wrist-rest: No
- It has a sturdy base that is made of aircraft-grade aluminum.
- The arrow keys and WASD are interchangeable.
- The tabs are conflict-free and anti-ghosting.
- The sharp blue LED lights offer clear visibility.
- The blue switches are clicky and tactile.
- It is complicated for beginners.
- It consumes a lot of power.
3. Razer Huntsman Best Gaming Keyboard
Razer is a popular tech brand and their Huntsman keyboard created much buzz among the gaming enthusiasts. The Razer Huntsman is equipped with opto-mechanical switches which are faster than the traditional switches.
The key board features RGB customization which allows you to customize the lights using other Razer hardware. The keyboard is made up of aluminum top plate which adds durability and sturdiness to the console. The keyboard features 100 million clicks on each switch and is also compatible with Razer Hypershift.
- Material: ABS, aluminum
- Switch: Razer Opto-mechanical
- Key rollover: 10-key with anti-ghosting
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Software: Razer Synapse 3
- Keycaps: ABS
- It features Razer Chroma support for RGB backlight.
- It features excellent full keyboard design.
- There are 100 million clicks on the switches.
- The opto-mechanical switches are quite fast.
- The switches are perfect and sturdy.
- It has an excellent sound quality and construction.
- It might be too noisy for some users.
- There are no dedicated media controls.
- It features hard-wired cable.
4. Roccat Vulcan 122 AIMO Best Looker
Roccat Vulcan 122 AIMO is a sturdy white keyboard equipped with latest technology. It is the first keyboard designed by Roccat that features its Titan switches. You can choose from tactile and linear versions of switches and the clicky option is missing.
The RGB lighting system is very beautiful on Vulcan keyboard; it is a 16.8m color per-key RGB. There are numerous customization effects and beautiful lighting effects. The keyboard features raised keycaps and the keys look beautiful with the default RGB lighting. The keyboard is easy to clean and gives good value for money.
- Switches: Roccat-developed Titan switches
- Backlighting: RGB per-key illumination
- Wrist rest: Yes
- Onboard memory: Yes
- Software: Roccat Swarm Software Suite
- Interface: USB 2.0
- It has a gorgeous design.
- It offers a good choice of key switches.
- It features beautiful RGB lighting.
- The key switches are comfortable.
- It is easy to clean.
- It features a magnetic palm rest.
- The software is not very competent.
- The media bar is incomplete.
5. Magicforce 68 Mechanical Keyboard Budget Pick
The Magicforce 68 is the most affordable white mechanical keyboard on our list. It has a unique design and numerous switch options that make it a good choice for those who’re looking for a budget pick. It is a very compact and lightweight keyboard and thus gives plenty of space for you to move your space.
The good thing about this keyboard is that you have a choice between Cherry, Gateron or Outemu switches. The keycaps are made up of plastic and they are easily replaceable too. The keyboard has an overall great design and offers a lot of customization options too.
- Switch options: Cherry, Gateron, or Oetemu
- Keycap material: ABS
- Backlight: None
- Software: None
- Connection: USB-mini
- It has a compact design consisting of 68 keys.
- It has rubberized feet that prevent slipping.
- It features detachable mini-USB.
- It features white backlighting.
- It has a unique floating key design.
- There are multiple switch options.
- The keycap font is ugly.
- There is no customization software.
6. Razer BlackWidow Lite Best Quiet Mechanical Keyboard
The Razer’s BlackWidow Lite is a mid-range white mechanical keyboard with a very silent performance. It features Razer’s orange mechanical switches that are perfect for typing and gaming because of their tactile feedback.
If you’re looking for a quiet keyboard, the BlackWidow Lite is a perfect choice. It is available with a keycap puller too which allows you to take the keycaps out and put or remove the o-rings whenever you want. It is a good choice for people who want a lightweight option for taking along on the go.
- Switches: Razer Orange
- Connection: USB
- Illumination: Yes (one color)
- Macro keys: No
- Media keys: Yes (integrated)
- USB pass-through: No
- Key rollover: 10 KRO
- It features Razer Chroma support for backlight.
- It has a superb build quality.
- The Hypershift feature allows you to set up macros and remap the keys.
- The in-house switches are good for typing and gaming both.
- The USB cable is removable.
- It is very lightweight and portable.
- There are only a few useful extras.
- The white backlight is boring.
7. Anne Pro 2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Best Wireless Keyboard
The Anne Pro 2 is a 60% mechanical keyboard and is packed with amazing features. It includes quick tap arrow key function, a handy software, and superb Bluetooth connection. The keys are Gateron Brown with a tactile feedback and give a smoother feel.
The keyboard is a quiet one and is fully compatible with the Windows. It is equipped with ObinsKit software and also allows you to do RGB and macro programming. The keyboard’s typing quality is superb but since it is a compact one, it takes some time to get used to it.
- Switches: Gateron Brown
- Backlighting: Yes (RGB)
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Cable: Yes (detachable)
- Media keys: No
- USB pass-through: No
- It offers amazing typing experience.
- It features cool customization options.
- There is a wide variety of switches available.
- It has a sturdy and durable build.
- There are no arrow keys.
- The size is too small.
8. Durgod Taurus K320 TKL Best for Typing / Coding
The Durgod Taurus K320 TKL features ANSI layout along with true RGB lighting, genuine Cherry MX switches, and doubleshot PBT keycaps. It has a compact form factor and a tenkeyless design. There are dedicated arrow/navigation keys too that are quite handy.
The keyboard is also equipped with rubber feet that prevents it from slipping on the surface. The design is minimalist where the corners are rounded off and bezels are quiet small.
The keyboard is fully programmable using the software Durgord Zeus Engine. It features 10 preset lighting modes and a custom mode too that you can modify using the software.
- Switch type: Cherry MX mechanical switches choice
- Material: ABS plastic case, steel plate
- Interface: USB
- Anti-ghosting: Full N-key rollover USB
- Media keys: available as a secondary function
- Wrist-rest: No
- The flash storage saves 7% of
- It has a solid build.
- It is equipped with a lot of accessories.
- It features full programmability.
- The price is competitive.
- It features true per-key RGB lighting.
- It features quality PBT keycaps.
- The detachable cables aren’t braided.
- Limited customization options for default backlight profiles.
Buying Guide for the Best White Mechanical Keyboards
While looking for a white gaming keyboard, there are a few things that you must keep in mind. If you’re not a serious gamer, you’ll be okay with any keyboard but if you’re a gaming geek who competes in tournaments, then you seriously need to consider these factors:
The design of the keyboard plays an important role in the selection of a mechanical keyboard. The design of a keyboard tells you whether a keyboard is compact, the inclusion of a wrist-rest, and the overall functional layout. RGB lights are also an important part of a keyboard’s design. If you’re looking for the best mechanical keyboard to compliment your rig, then you must pay attention to the aesthetics.
The mechanical keyboards are equipped with either of the two types of switches; mechanical or rubber-dome. Most of the gamers recommend mechanical switches because they are more responsive. Rubber dome switches give a soft feel when pressed.
The Cherry MX switches used to be the best ones but now we have other good options available too such as Outemu and Gateron. Manufacturers like Halo, Zealios, and Pandas are the ones that are manufacturing better switch alternatives for the gamers.
The anti-ghosting feature is very useful for gamers. If the keyboard lacks anti-ghosting, you won’t be able to press multiple keys at once as they’ll go unregistered. So if you’re a serious gamer, you might consider the anti-ghosting as well as N-key rollover feature as it will allow you to press as many keys as you want and they’ll not go unregistered.
Some of the keyboards will allow you to customize according to your preference while other keyboards will not. There are some keyboards that are equipped with extra-programmable keys and they will let you add macros using the keyboard’s software. Customizability includes the way in which you can make a keyboard completely personal. There are mechanical keyboards which allow you to completely remap them via QMK.
Normally an aluminum top plate and an aluminum case are an indicator of how well-built a mechanical keyboard is. Keyboards made up of these materials are more durable as compared to others but then this also depends on the manufacturer. Many manufacturers compromise on the build quality so we recommend not to go for the cheap ones.
Noise of keys:
The sound level or noise of keys is determined by the switches. If you are concerned about the noise thing, then you must consider this factor. The clicky switches are the most loud, tactile switches are not much noisy, and the linear switches are the quietest. The noise level of a switch is determined by the overall profile which includes the material of the switches and the keycap as well.
Most of the users ignore keycaps when choosing a keyboard. The reason for this is that they are easily swapped and can be replaced because there are a plethora of keycaps available. However, if you aren’t willing to replace the keycaps, make sure that you go for a keyboard that is equipped with high quality keycaps. High quality keycaps won’t fade away or get damaged due to extensive gaming.
Lifespan and warranty:
The warranty depends on the manufacturer and the lifespan depends on the switches. The most durable key switches are the Cherry MX ones. Other factors such as water resistance also add to the durability of the keyboards.
Mechanical keyboards are the best options for gamers because they give a nice clicky feel. They are more durable and reliable as compared to other keyboards. The mechanical consoles reviewed in this post are reliable and they are equipped with premium quality materials; this allows you to type more smoothly and precisely.
We hope that our comprehensive review has been insightful for you. If budget is not a constraint, we recommend going for the Corsair K70 or the Eagletec mechanical keyboard reviewed in this post. These keyboards are one of the best white mechanical keyboards available on the market and they’ll sure define your taste as a gamer.