How to Fix Destiny 2 Error Code Bee – 2019 Tips
Error code Bee is one of the many problems that Destiny 2 players are facing these days. Apart from the Weasel error code, this error code Bee is one of the most notorious error codes that is bugging users. From what Bungie has reported, the error is due to the poor connection between the user’s modem and Bungie’s servers. Many users say that their connection is well and perfect, so who is to blame?
Fix Error Code Bee in Destiny 2
If you are one of those unlucky people who are facing this error, you can get rid of it in a few steps. Handling this error is easy, but you will have to do some work for it. We have gathered all the fixes that can help you get rid of this error in no time. Read them below and try them as soon as possible.
- Change the way you are connecting to the internet
- Restart and unplug your console completely
- Port Forwarding
- Replace your old equipment by contacting your Internet Provider
Fix 01 – Change the way you are connecting to the internet
The Destiny 2 error code Bee might be due to your internet connection. Many of us know that a faulty wireless connection can cause frequent disconnections. But many people suggest the other way. Connecting your device directly to the Wi-Fi can also cause this error.
If you are using an Ethernet connection and the error appears, it might be due to a fault in the modem or router. Try switching to the Wi-Fi connection and see if the error vanishes or not.
Fix 02 – Restart and unplug your console completely
This solution is only for those users who play Destiny 2 on Xbox One. Restarting and unplugging console is the general solution for all Xbox-related issues, so check if it resolves error code Bee problem. Don’t forget to sync your game online or back it up as you might end up losing all your data.
- Press the power button on the Xbox console and keep pressing it until the device completely shuts down.
- Disconnect the power brick from the back of the Xbox. Click on the power button at the front and hold it for a few seconds, repeat the process few times until there is no power in the Xbox.
- Now, connect the power brick again and wait until the light beside it turns from white to orange.
- Turn on the Xbox, start your game, and see if the error still appears or not.
In case you are playing the game on your PlayStation 4, follow these steps.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the device wait until it is completely shut down.
- Keep the console unplugged for few minutes.
- Plug it back again and launch the game to see if the error exists.
Fix 03 – Port Forwarding
Port forwarding is one of the best ways to solve such problems as Destiny uses high router ports. Often, these ports are blocked by the routers by default, while some ports don’t do it. Try this fix to get rid of this code pretty quickly and without any trouble.
First, assign a static IP address to your console. Here is the whole process for PlayStation 4 users:
- Either assign the IP address permanently to your console or power up your console to search for the IP address.
- Go to the main menu. Click on Settings > Network > View Connection Status.
- Locate the IP address and write it down somewhere since you will need it for port forwarding. Write down the PS4 MAC address as well.
Here is how Xbox One users do port forwarding on their console:
You can either assign the current IP address permanently to your device or power up your console to find the IP address. This process will be similar to what was followed in the PS4; however, once you are in the network screen, click on the Advanced Settings for IP selection.
After doing this, now is the time to assign static IP addresses to the consoles. Follow these steps:
- In the web browser, type the address bar of the IP address and click Enter.
- Enter your username and password to access your router interface.
- The screen to enter the IP address might be different for every other router. Search for the Enable Manual Assignment option, then click on the radio button next to Yes.
- Search for the window where you can enter your selected IP and MAC address.
- Press the Add option and add the IP address in it that you have just entered your router.
Now, it’s time to forward the ports through your console and router to Destiny so the game starts working again. Here’s how you can do it:
- Search for port forwarding while staying logged in to your router. Look for “Applications,” “Port Forwarding,” “Protected Setup,” “Gaming,” “Advanced Settings,” or “Firewall,” as every router’s settings can be different.
- Open the ports under Internal and External or open a range of ports under Start and End.
- Select TCP and UDP for the Service Type Option. Continue the process until the whole range of ports is covered.
- Enter the static IP address and Enable it
- Press Save Application and restart your router.
Fix 04 – Replace your old equipment by contacting your Internet Provider
If you have old internet equipment, then this might be an issue behind error code Bee. You can easily get rid of it by replacing your old equipment by contacting your internet provider. Try changing your internet cable, or merely replacing the router may solve the problem for you.
Hopefully, one of these fixes will work for you, helping you get rid of the Bungie error code Bee or Destiny 2 connection issues. If you have any questions, then feel free to ask in the comments below.