Nvidia has just released their latest GeForce 388.31 driver, which has been optimized for Star Wars Battlefront 2, Injustice 2, and Destiny 2. Especially, the driver offers noteworthy performance gains for GeForce 10-series cards in Destiny 2.
Activision’s first-person shooter already ran well on the GeForce graphics cards, but Nvidia has worked directly with the game developers to further tune performance. With the GeForce 388.31 driver, team green claims to have improved Destiny performance for its entire GeForce 10-series lineup.
In its own testing, Nvidia reports the biggest gains of up to 53% for the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti at 4K and 45% at 1440p resolution. The GTX 1080 receives up to 47% boost at 4K and 40% at 1440p, while in 2-way SLI, the same card sees 41% and 28% gains, respectively.
The benchmarks also feature the newly released GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, which jumps 46% in performance at 4K and 30% at 1440p, compared to the previous 388.13 drivers. As for the mid-range GTX 1060, the 6GB version sees a 37% boost at 1440p, while the cheaper 3GB model improves by 39% at the same resolution.
According to the release notes, the GeForce 388.31 drivers are also Game Ready for Star Wars Battlefront 2. Nvidia have already revealed their recommended range of graphics cards for Battlefront 2. The chip maker finds the GeForce GTX 1060 to be the GPU of choice for 1920×1080, High-detail gameplay, exceeding 70 FPS.
Similarly, the GeForce GTX 1070 is recommended for 2560×1440, which runs at over 66 FPS on average. At 4K, you’ll want their fastest consumer graphics card, the GTX 1080 Ti, running at an average of 55 FPS.
Last but not least, the GeForce 388.31 WHQL also provides the optimal gaming experience for Injustice 2 which launches on PC on November 14th.
Those interested can download the GeForce 388.31 driver from the official GeForce website over here. The release notes in full are detailed below:
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Star Wars Battlefront II, Injustice 2, and Destiny 2.
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- EVE Valkyrie – Warzone
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017)
3D Vision Profiles
Added or updated the following 3D Vision profiles:
- Injustice 2 – Good
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017) – Fair
Changes and Fixed Issues
- Micro-stuttering occurs in games when GPU monitoring tools are monitoring GPU power (“Power” monitoring enabled). 
- [GeForce GTX 1080][eGPU][notebook]: NVIDIA driver could not find compatible graphics hardware on the Alienware Amplifier. 
- [3D Vision Notebook]: There is no “Set stereoscopic 3D” link available in the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- [GeForce GTX 970M][Notebook][Pattern Design Software]: Objects drawn in the application are not visible. 
Windows 10 Issues
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 780 Ti]: There is no display output when connecting the DisplayPort and two DVI monitors. 
- [GeForce TITAN (Kepler-based)]: The OS fails after installing the graphics card on a Threadripper-enabled motherboard. 
- [Kepler GPUs][StarWars Battlefront II]: The system hangs when launching the game in DirectX 12 API mode. 
- [Windows 10 Fall Creators Update]: Color settings made in the NVIDIA Control Panel are not preserved across a system reboot or restart.