Want to have a Pixel-like stock Android experience on your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge? This guide will walk you through steps to install Pixel Edition custom ROM on Galaxy S7 edge.
The Pixel Edition ROM is stable and will run smooth on your phone. You will get rid of the annoying bloatware and everything that is related with the Samsung’s own UI. The update will bring Android 7.1.1 Nougat features on your Galaxy S7 edge that should make the device faster and increase its battery life, too.
Google Pixel Edition ROM feature Highlights
- Heavily Debloated
- System Optimizations
- Battery tweaks
- Performance tweaks
- Dual Speaker mod v3
- Super battery
- Google Assistant
- Upgraded Pixel Launcher to 7.1.1
- ADDED Magisk v8
Prerequisites to Install Pixel Edition custom ROM on Galaxy S7 edge
- Create a Nandroid backup so that if anything goes wrong with the Google Pixel based ROM, you will be able to revert back to the current Android system.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device by navigating to the following path: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Your Galaxy S7 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Make sure your phone is charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: The tutorial is intended for the Galaxy S7 edge model G935F; do not try this procedure on other Samsung devices.
Steps to Install Google Pixel Edition custom ROM on Galaxy S7 edge G935F
- Download the Google Pixel Edition firmware package and save it on your computer. Also, download compatible Google Apps package.
- Connect your Galaxy S7 edge to your computer with the help of a USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded zip files to your phone’s SD card. When done, unplug the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S7 edge.
- Reboot the device into Recovery mode. To do so, switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Now, perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- From recovery menu, select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Locate the Google Pixel custom ROM package and the Google Apps package and load these files.
- Follow on screen prompts and confirm the flashing process.
- When done, go back to main recovery menu and choose “Reboot system now”.
That is all to it. You should now be running the Google Pixel Edition ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. For queries and more details of the ROM, visit the official XDA thread.